Here at David O Defense we are proud to announce that we have reached a new literary landmark by writing over 100 legal blogs! In celebration of authoring so many literary DUI and criminal defense masterpieces we would like to revisit an oldie but goodie blog, “Know Your DUI Rights”.
Recognize this blog? We hope you do, because the information in it is valuable and should be put into practice if ever needed. It’s said repetition is one of the best techniques to anchor information into long-term memory, therefore we believe “Know Your DUI Rights” is worth repeating over and over.
Know Your DUI Rights
KNOWLEDGE is POWER! Know your DUI RIGHTS!
When questioned by law enforcement in Washington State about DUI make sure to exercise your rights.
1. Exercise your right to an attorney, either a private DUI attorney or a public defender.
2. Exercise your right to remain silent during the DUI questioning.
3. Do not consent to detention or search of any type of personal belongings, home, or vehicle.
4. Refuse to perform the DUI field sobriety tests!
5. Refuse to take the DUI portable breath test!
6. Do cooperate at the police station and take the DUI breath test or blood test, unless advised not to do so by your DUI attorney.
A special thank you to all those who have followed our blog, we hope you have found some of our writings informative and others entertaining! We look forward to writing the next 100!
Written by DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney, David O
Co-Written by Sarah Ann