“I am dedicated to criminal defense and it will be my honor to fight for your rights, to get you the best results, and provide you with peace of mind.”
David O, Senior DUI and Criminal Defense Lawyer
I was born and raised here in Seattle, attended Roosevelt High School and graduated with honors in 1993. Soon after, I began studying at the University of Washington where I majored in Psychology. Wanting a new experience, I decided to move to Oklahoma to attend law school and Oklahoma City University. After graduating law school, I became licensed to practice law in Washington State in 2002.
I have dedicated my whole legal career to criminal and DUI defense because I love helping people. I believe it is a privilege to practice law and even more so when someone has asked me to help them get through their tough case. What sets me apart from the rest is that I am completely results oriented. I want to get the right result for each client no matter how long it takes. I take pride in serving my clients well. I understand providing excellent service and getting results require hard work, an attention to detail, and preparation.
I am committed to defending the rights of those facing criminal charges. I have an aggressive and innovative approach to the interpretation of criminal and DUI laws in Washington State. I have proven to be a valuable asset to my clients, successfully defending them in King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County, and throughout Central and Western Washington.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family by going on date nights with my wife, playing at parks with my two daughters, working out at the gym, and going big while snowboarding down the mountains. I am a huge sports fan, love my University of Washington Huskies and Seattle Seahawks! I enjoy playing golf and training in mixed martial arts.
- 2012 AVVO Rating 10.0 SUPERB – Top DUI Attorney
- 2012 AVVO Clients Choice Award – DUI Attorney
- Rated in Washington Law and Politics Magazine as a Rising Star 2010
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation 2007-2009 from The WA State Bar Association
- DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney, David O Defense PLLC 2008-Present
- DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney, Bradley Johnson Attorneys 2004-2008
- Criminal Defense Attorney, Northwest Defenders Association 2003-2004
- King County Bar Association 2004-Present
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2004-Present
- Korean American Bar Association 2004-Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2006-Present
- King County Pro Bono Clinic 2007-2009
- Citizens for Judicial Excellence 2008-Present
- Joint Asian Judicial Evaluations Committee 2008-2009