KNOWLEDGE is POWER! Know your DUI RIGHTS!
When questioned by law enforcement in Washington State about DUI make sure to exercise your rights.
1. Exercise your right to an attorney, either a private DUI attorney or a public defender.
2. Exercise your right to remain silent during the DUI questioning.
3. Do not consent to detention or search of any type of personal belongings, home, or vehicle.
4. Refuse to perform the DUI field sobriety tests.
5. Refuse to take the DUI portable breath test.
6. Do cooperate at the police station and take the DUI breath test or blood test, unless advised not to do so by your DUI attorney.
Published by Washington State defense attorney David O